Dacolt introduces Tabkin®
Tabkin is a dedicated Software-as-a-Service solution for the generation of CFD look-up tables for advanced combustion models. Benefit from more predictive CFD to improve fuel efficiency and pollutant emissions!
In the context of advanced combustion modelling with CFD, the use of look-up tables is an emerging trend. Tabkin has been designed specifically for the generation of CFD look-up tables. Features include:
- Easy and powerful user interfaces
- Online data visualisation and analysis tools
- Various chemistry solvers and combustion model exports
- Scalable CPU resources for generating CFD look-up tables in hours instead of weeks or months!
Tabkin enables you to include latest model developments in your CFD modelling process and to deploy them throughout your organisation.
Turn-key or custom solution
Tabkin offers a turn-key solution for users of ANSYS® FLUENT® including several off-the-shelf chemistry solvers and combustion model exports.
At the same time, the Tabkin platform can be fully customised to work with your specific software and hardware environment:
- CFD code: Star-CD, AVL FIRE, OpenFOAM®, Code_Saturne, ...
- Combustion model: ePDF, ECFM-CLEH, ECFM-3Z, FPI, FGM, SFPV, UFPV, ...
- Chemistry model: thermodynamic equilibrium, homogeneous reactor, laminar premixed or diffusion flames
- IT environment: MS Windows or Linux operating systems, workstations, cluster or cloud environments
Cost effective solution
Tabkin offers a cost-effective solution for the generation of CFD look-up tables. When comparing to currently available alternatives:
- Compared to single-license commercial package: at least 10x faster
- Compared to 8-license commercial package: up to 10x cheaper
- Compared to in-house or academic software package: by far 10x easier
Tabkin is fully web-based and combines the benefits of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Cloud Computing concepts:
- SSL security: high-grade encryption for secure data exchange
- Web-based: perfect for use in multi-user, multi-site industrial environments
- Cloud computing: scalable CPU resources from commercial providers are used
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): no installation, no updates, no IT investments!
The workflow of generating a CFD look-up table using Tabkin is as follows:
- User login via secure https session
- Simulation set-up and execution on large number of CPUs
- Online data visualisation and analysis
- Download results to user workstation for CFD purposes