You are here:
Dacolt PSR+PDF combustion model released for ANSYS® FLUENT®
Dacolt announces the availability of the first release of Dacolt PSR+PDF combustion model for ANSYS® FLUENT®. Dacolt PSR+PDF allows to include detailed chemistry effects in CFD simulations and at the same time properly account for tubulence / chemistry interaction, at very low computational overhead.
Dacolt PSR+PDF features:
- Progress variable / mixture fraction approach
- Based on detailed chemical kinetics, using CFD look-up tables created with Tabkin®
- Efficient parallel implemention in ANSYS FLUENT through UDFs
The fields of application of Dacolt PSR+PDF include:
- Steady-state: non-premixed and flameless burners
- Unsteady: Diesel engines, HCCI, PCCI, SI engines knock, ...
Dacolt PSR+PDF has been validated with a study of lifted Diesel sprays from the ECN database. These results were presented at the 2012 SAE World Congress by Dr. Ferry Tap, Director of Dacolt.
The combustion model is also used for CFD Consultancy projects on steady, non-premixed burners where auto-ignition plays a large role. RANS simulations with mesh sizes up to 50 Million cells have been realised, demonstrating the feasibility of including detailed chemistry in CFD simulations through tabulation techniques for industrial applications.
Contact us for more information on using the Dacolt PSR+PDF combustion model for your application.